In this series of posts, we are asking Lakelanders to share what is inspiring them in the world of art and media. We hope sharing these recommendations will help you find your next great read or the perfect flick to add a little something extra to your week.
This week we are featuring Katherine Stanford, Lakelander and current Florida Southern student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in communication. Katherine is the digital marketing intern for Patterson Jacobs Media Group, including The Lakelander Magazine, WH Magazine, and Lkldr Creative.
1. The Passion Planner company is probably one of my top inspirations. I tend to be overly organized with everything, making lists, color coding, etc. My planner is something that constantly keeps me inspired because of its daily inspirational quotes and layout that provides extra pages for extra creativity.
2. With social media being a huge part of today’s society, it’s hard not to pick a few people that are great to follow. One person who is always inspiring me through her Instagram posts is Emma of @emmasedition. Not only is she always posting high-quality content, but she also works full time, runs a blog, and she just graduated with her master’s in communication. As a communication major, it’s amazing to know that it is possible to work, be creative, and earn an education all at the same time.
View this post on Instagram
3. Pride and Prejudice is one of my all-time favorite movies, the 2005 version specifically. It’s such a classic story that has multiple life lessons that are still relevant today.
4. Travel + Leisure is another one of my top inspirations. Traveling is one of my favorite things to do, and the magazine is constantly sharing the best travel tips. One of my career goals is to work for them, because who wouldn’t want to travel and create content for a living?
5. Lastly, the Lakeland community is my current #1 inspiration. As a college student with a dream to open my own business one day, it is incredibly inspiring to be surrounded by other creatives who have the same dream and are achieving them.