Parents and guardians of students rejoice! The start of another school year is upon us and that means the Back-to-School Tax Holiday is too. The tax free holiday runs through August 7 and marks the best time to purchase all of the school supplies that your student needs to perform, look and feel their very best.
As part of this year’s expanded tax free holiday, the following are some of the most popular items included:
- Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories with a sales price of $100 or less per item
- Certain school supplies with a sales price of $50 or less per item
- Learning aids and jigsaw puzzles with a sales price of $30 or less
- Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories with a sales price of $1,500 or less, when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use
Items not included:
- Any item of clothing with a sales price of more than $100
- Any school supply item with a sales price of more than $50
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Computers and computer-related accessories with a sales price of more than $1,500
- Computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes
- Rentals of any eligible items
- Repairs or alterations of any eligible items
- Sales of any eligible items within a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment or airport
Click here for more information.
Did you know there are more than 110,000 students attending 150 schools in Polk County Public Schools?
The National Retail Federation predicts that families will spend a whopping $864 this year on school supplies, and college students will spend even more. The average college student spends $1,199 on school supplies. Total expected spending for school supplies by grade-school and college students nationwide is expected to surpass $111 million this year.
Check out this article about preparing your kids for back to school. Here