The City of Lakeland and downtown Lakeland are organizing special seating to dine in Munn Park on Mother’s Day.
The LDDA is organizing Munn Park as a Mother’s Day picnic spot for families who order food online and pick it up from downtown restaurants. The LDDA will be managing 25 tables, spread out at distances well exceeding the CDC guidelines.
“This is not an ‘event.’ This is carefully managed, expanded outdoor seating for downtown restaurants,” officials say.
Here is how the management process will work:
- LDDA staff will set up tables and chairs (and tents where necessary to provide shade) for seating for up to eight people per table in Munn Park at distances that well exceed CDC guidelines.
- Reservations can be obtained by calling the LDDA (see process below). The cost to reserve is essentially “free;” however, the LDDA will require that each party purchase a minimum of a $25 dollar gift card to a downtown retailer in order to support retailers who have been closed for a month. See the Visitor’s Guide pages 8 and 9 for a complete list of retail merchants to choose from. https://downtownlkld.com/visitors-guide/
- You can use that gift card immediately as a gift for Mom. Purchases will be made over the phone with LDDA, and the gift card will be delivered to you when you arrive in the park on Mother’s Day.
- Reservations are in 2-hour increments from brunch to dinner, with 30 minutes between for cleanup and setup. Families are encouraged to decorate their space – table cloth, tableware, flowers, etc. The only things provided by the LDDA are a table and chairs.
- LDDA staff will sanitize the table and chairs between each party and maintain proper sanitation in the park.
- Background music will be provided via Pandora.
Here is how the reservation process will work:
- Choose your preferred time frame to reserve your table from the list of available times. If your choice is full, you will be notified, so you should have a second choice ready.
- Call 863.687.8910 (Julie Townsend) to reserve your space and to provide a credit card for your gift card purchase. You can text as well and ask for a call back. See the Downtown Visitors guide online to learn about the retail shops downtown.
- Place your order for take-out with your preferred downtown restaurant. Be sure your pick-up time is about 15 minutes prior to your park table reservations.
- Come prepared to decorate your space about 15 minutes prior to your reservations. You will check in with LDDA staff and be shown to your table.
- Have a wonderful meal with your family.
- When your time is up, take your belongings and throw away your trash, so LDDA staff can clean the area for the next family.
Reservation times: (12 times to choose from)