Patterson Jacobs Publishing is seeking a Full-Time Graphic Designer. With the position comes the opportunity to work primarily with our award-winning lifestyle magazines as well as our creative agency, Lkldr Creative. The right person should have excellent taste, a positive attitude, and polished skills in layouts and design. Skills in photography and videography are not required but certainly welcomed. We are looking for a professional designer who is eager to be an integral part of our growing publishing company and new creative agency!
About Patterson Jacobs
We produce city-based culture and lifestyle magazines. Our primary purpose is to accurately reflect the cities we serve and their diversity, incite a pride of place, and reveal lesser-known facets of their communities. We connect people, sources, and ideas. We’re ambitious yet approachable, sophisticated but homegrown; We dig deeper and aren’t afraid of a little grit.
We are keenly interested in real people and their stories. We believe Lakeland is brimming with life, narratives of where they came from, how they got here, and why they chose this town to call home. Those are the stories we’re after.
Lkldr Creative is an independent, creative consultancy located in Lakeland, FL seeking to create well-tailored design solutions. We specialize in brand identity, art direction and graphic design for both print and digital application. We work with a diverse range of clients. From large corporations looking to reach a new customer to independent start-ups ready to unleash their new ideas, we help clients find their voice.
Our office environment is open and friendly. Located just off N. Kentucky Ave. We are walking distance from downtown coffee shops, restaurants, and Munn Park. We are a team of self-starters and looking for motivated individuals who love our city and want to grow our community of creatives and entrepreneurs.
- 2+ years of working graphic-design experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong skills in typographic design and layout
- Ability to both conceptualize and execute functional designs within brand standards
- Knowledge of current trends in graphic design
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to work well with a team
- Strong eye for branding and visual identity
- DSLR photography
- Photo retouching and editing
- Familiar with Google Drive suite