Gov. Ron DeSantis announces that the majority of Florida will take another step in his reopening plan and move to Phase Two.
Here is what you can expect:
- Restaurants may allow bar-top seating with appropriate social distancing.
- Bars and pubs may operate at 50 percent capacity inside and full capacity outside with appropriate social distancing. Patrons may only receive service if seated.
- Retail establishments may operate at full capacity with responsible social distancing and sanitization protocols.
- Gyms may operate at full capacity with appropriate social distancing and frequent sanitization.
- Entertainment businesses, including but not limited to movie theaters, concert houses, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys, and arcades may operate at 50 percent capacity with appropriate social distancing and sanitization protocols.
- Personal services businesses, including but not limited to tattoo parlors, acupuncture establishments, tanning salons, and massage establishments may operate while adhering to guidance from the Florida Department of Health.
PHASE 2: Guidance
- Individuals over 65 or with underlying medical conditions are strongly encouraged to avoid crowds and take measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- All individuals that work in long-term care facilities should be tested for COVID-19 on a routine basis.
- All persons in Florida are encouraged to avoid congregating in groups larger than 50.
Taskforce to Reopen University Campuses
Florida’s state universities developed a task force to create a framework to reopen Florida’s campuses in the fall, and universities will present their plans on June 23, 2020.