We are only a few weeks away from Christmas and giving back can make a significant difference in someone’s life this time of year. We are highlighting a few local organizations that are still in need of volunteers and/or donations before Christmas day!
- Toys for Tots Program
– The mission of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November, and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community. For a list of local drop-off locations, visit the Toys for Tots website. If you prefer to make a monetary donation, you can do so here.
- Parker Street Ministries’ Christmas Store:
– Allows parents to purchase new toys for a quarter of their retail cost
– Serves an impoverished neighborhood where 72% live below the poverty level
– Enables parents to provide for their children, building dignity not dependence
How you can help:
– Generously give new gifts at one of the designated drop-off locations
– Generously donate funds (and Parker Street will take care of the shopping)
– Spread the word to your friends, families, office, etc. For more information, visit the Parker Street Facebook page or website.
- Lakeland Fire Department Toy Drive
The Lakeland Fire Department (LFD) toy drive runs through Friday, December 14, 2018. Community members are welcome to drop off a new, unwrapped toy at any of LFD’s seven fire stations or the Fire Administration Building. The toy drive will benefit the Children’s Home Society of Florida and the Dream Center of Lakeland, who will distribute the collected gifts to Lakeland’s children in need. This is the sixth year that the Lakeland Fire Department has sponsored a toy drive, and the event has been very successful every year thanks to the donations from the community and firefighters who have generously provide toys. Collection boxes are located at all seven City of Lakeland, FL – Government fire stations. Station locations can be found at http://www.lakelandgov.net/lfd or by calling (863) 834-8200.
- Heartland for Children Rudolph Round-Up
– The Mission: Provide 1500+ kids in Foster Care with holiday gifts.
There are three ways you can help:
– Monetary Donations
– Sponsoring an individual child by purchasing gifts on his or her wishlist
– Sponsor a toy drive at work or church
– Sponsor individual children’s holiday wishes
Call 863-863-519-8900 x214
email: email@example.com or visit: heartlandforchildren.org/rudolph
- One More Child | www.fbchomes.org
– Each year, One More Child provides Christmas cheer to families and children in Lakeland who are working diligently to overcome life’s disappointments and setbacks. —-Currently seeking donations of toys for this year’s toy giveaway and dinner at our Harold Clark Simmons Compassion Center.
– Unwrapped toys for all ages can be delivered the Compassion Center by Friday, Dec. 14 at 4:30 p.m.
– The Compassion Center is located at 1015 Sikes Blvd. in Lakeland.