The City of Lakeland is currently seeking applications for the following boards and committees:
- Affordable Housing Advisory Committee (3 Seats)
- Reviews established policies and procedures, ordinances, development regulations, and adopted comprehensive housing plan for the City.
- Code Enforcement Board (1 Seat)
- Enforces certain codes and ordinances; makes findings of fact; issues orders to bring violations into compliance; imposes fines for continued and repeat violations.
- Planning & Zoning Board (1 Seat)
- Oversees City’s Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Regulations. Makes recommendations on Future Land Use Map and zoning/rezoning requests.
- Public Employees Relation Commission (3 Seats)
- Maintains annual registration of employee organizations (unions) and oversees the collective bargaining process between the City and employee unions.
- Zoning Board of Adjustments & Appeals (2 Seats)
- Hears and decides appeals for variances from the literal enforcement of the terms of the Zoning Code.
For more detailed information regarding the positions and application process visit https://www.lakelandgov.net/boards.