Today, barbershops, hair salons, and nail salons were allowed to reopen in Lakeland, according to an executive order issued by Gov. Ron DeSantis this past Saturday.
These businesses must adhere to the following regulations in order to open their doors.
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation issued the following orders:
- All salons must operate by appointment only to limit capacity. No walk-ins allowed.
- Salons must schedule 15 minutes in between appointments to allow time for employees to properly disinfect spaces.
- Group appointments are not permitted.
- Employees must wear masks while performing personal services.
Barbershops, cosmetology salons, and cosmetology specialty salons are encouraged to adhere to the following guidance:
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect prior to reopening. Make sure to disinfect all surfaces, tools, and linens, even if they were cleaned before you originally closed. This type of cleaning should continue between each day of operation.
- Consider providing unworn masks to clients for use during their appointment.
- Remove all unnecessary, frequently touched items like magazines, newspapers, service menus, and any other unnecessary paper products and décor from customer service areas.