Originally Published in Cranberry Dreams: A Florida Fall Recipe
For those of us ready to welcome fall in this 80ish degree weather, here is the perfect recipe.
Cranberry Salsa & Goat Cheese Spread
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 8 oz log of goat cheese
- crackers for serving
- extra honey for serving (optional)
- Rinse and dry the cranberries. Dice the jalapeno, removing the stem, seeds, and ribs. Zest the entire lime.
- Place the cranberries, diced jalapeno, lime zest, cilantro, and spices into a food processor. Squeeze in the juice of HALF the lime. Pulse the food processor until the ingredients are chopped finely, in a texture like chunky salsa.
- Remove the blade from the food processor and mix in the honey with a spoon.
- Place the log of goat cheese on a serving platter, and spoon the cranberry salsa over the top. If desired, drizzle on a little extra honey. Serve with a hearty cracker and pray for cooler weather!