In recent years, Lakeland has welcomed some incredible homegrown businesses that chose this city as their base and inspiration. These businesses add to our identity as a community, make Lakeland unique, and add to our flavor. To celebrate the crafted goods these entrepreneurs create, The Lakelander proudly presents Lakelander Made.
In a very special December edition of The Lakelander, these businesses will be highlighted and celebrated.
But, we need your help to make this project a success! Who are the local makers, entrepreneurs, and artists that inspire you? Who are the businesses that deserve to be recognized for their fine craftsmanship, unique products, and their contributions to Lakeland’s creative repertoire?
Please submit your candidate or nominate yourself by reviewing the criteria below and submitting the nomination form that follows.
AUDIENCE SUBMISSION CRITERIA
The Lakelander executive editorial team will serve as category judges and oversee the selection process of the finalists. The judges will base their selections on the following criteria:
Innovativeness, demonstrated creativity, and originality of idea
• Originality and level of creativity
• Clearly identifiable customer need
• Customer value and usability
• Quality of materials used
• Attention and care paid to product details and/or customer satisfaction
• Level of craftsmanship involved in production
• Unique design aesthetic
• Visual appeal of product packaging
• Compelling logo and/or typography
Embodiment of Lakelander Made theme
• Use of local components and processes
• Engagement of local community