Every year Lakeland gathers around to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year. This year, the city of Lakeland has made some changes to the list of holiday events and activities to better fit the essence of the city.
“With so many great events added in Downtown in the last decade or so – First Fridays, the Saturday Farmers Curb Market, Small Business Saturday, SnowFest, Food Truck Rallies, etc. the Downtown businesses decided to assess the events we currently produce and make changes to allow for new traditions.”
November 2 | First Friday–Tribute to Courage | 6-9pm
November 15 | Holiday Open House | 5-8:30pm
- This event will kick off the holiday season and holiday shopping–rather than a specifically Christmas-oriented event. So, don’t expect Santa or Christmas lights in the park! Also, streets will be open to traffic in order to encourage visitors to travel around Downtown to shop, eat, and play. Merchants will be offering special deals and discounts, and there will be live music on the street corners. Visitors can also take a carriage ride pulled by Clydesdale horses. The carriage rides will start on the north side of Pine Street and travel one block north to Bay Street.
November 24 | Lakelander Made Market | 8am-2pm
- Come shop Lakeland’s finest locally-made goods in person at a special addition to the Saturday Farmers Curb Market. Located in Traders Alley, our Lakelander Made Market will showcase artisans and craftsmen featured in our first three issues of Lakelander Made. While you are shopping some of our city’s best, you can also pick up our newest issue of Lakelander Made!
December 7 | First Friday – Hometown Holiday | 6-9pm
Sponsored by Burnetti, P.A.
- Take a picture with Santa and enjoy fun activities for the kids in Munn Park.
December 8 | Snowfest | 10am-2pm
Sponsored by City of Lakeland
December 14 | Holiday Walkabout | 6-9pm
- Take pictures with Santa at Just Dance Academy on 124 South Kentucky Avenue and participate in a Gingerbread Contest at My Office & More on 122 East Main Street for a chance to win prizes.
- Stores and shops will be open late serving up yummy goodies (like cider and cookies) and special deals. There will also be live music on the street corners—but the streets will not be closed. There will be the traditional holiday lights decorating Munn Park and costumed characters patrolling around for spontaneous selfies.
December 21 | Holiday Walkabout | 6-9pm
- Take pictures with Santa at Focus Realty on 218 East Pine Street. Attendees can also participate in a “Who-ville Hair” and “Ugly Sweater Selfie” contest.
- Stores and shops will be open late serving up yummy goodies (like cider and cookies) and special deals, and there will be live music on the street corners—but the streets will not be closed. There will be the traditional holiday lights decorating Munn Park and costumed characters patrolling around for spontaneous selfies.
For more details regarding these events, visit downtownlkld.com.